Jahangirpuri violence: Main accused arrested from West Bengal; Know how police nabbed him

New Delhi:

Delhi Police said on Thursday that a key accused in the Jahangirpuri violence has been nabbed from East Medinipur in West Bengal. The accused has been identified as Farid alias Neetu, one of the key conspirators and criminals along with Mohammad Ansar, who was arrested earlier in the case.

According to the police, the team was following him for the last two weeks. During this, raids were conducted at many places in Uttar Pradesh West and West Bengal. Several teams of Special Cell and Crime Branch posted in West Bengal arrested him from his aunt’s village on Thursday.

The Delhi Police issued a statement saying that after the Jahangirpuri violence, the accused had fled from the spot. Since then, he was changing his location and roaming all over West Bengal. Police were told that 34-year-old Farid has six cases of dacoity, snatching, theft and under the Arms Act since 2010 and is a history-sheeter in Jahangirpuri area.

The police have arrested 30 people, including three juveniles, in the case, who were sent to a correctional home in Delhi. Earlier this morning, the Delhi Police arrested two persons, identified as Zafar and Babauddin, who were brothers.

Violent clashes broke out between two groups during the Hanuman Jayanti procession in Delhi’s Jahangirpuri on April 16, in which nine people, including eight police personnel and a civilian, were injured.

]]>

, International, ,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post