Uttar Pradesh: BSF soldier shoots dead daughter's alleged rapist inside Gorakhpur court

Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh):

A rape accused was allegedly shot dead on Friday in front of a court in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur district by the father of the victim.

The police said that the deceased was a resident of Muzaffarpur district in Bihar and had come to the court for a case. 

The police said that after the incident, two security guards present at the gate and the vehicle stand manager nabbed the attacker. After this incident, advocates started protesting against the incident in the court.

Later, Additional Director General of Police Akhil Kumar pacified the protesters and assured action against the security lapse. Cantt police said that at around one o’clock on Friday afternoon, a person named 

According to reports, rape accused Dilshad Hussain reached the gate of the court upon the call of his lawyer Shankar Sharan Shukla. Before the lawyer could reach the spot, a man named Bhagwat Nishad shot Dilshad in the head with his licensed pistol, killing him on the spot. 

Police have detained retired Border Security Force (BSF) constable Bhagwat Nishad and his son Nandlal Nishad but no case has been registered so far.

Senior Superintendent of Police Vipin Tada said that a youth was shot dead at the gate of the court and the attacker has been arrested. He said that the body has been sent for postmortem and a case will be registered after the report comes. 

The deceased Dilshad Hussain used to run a puncture shop in front of the house of retired BSF jawan Bhagwat Nishad at Patnaghat Tiraha of Badhalganj, Gorakhpur. Bhagwat is a resident of Maharajganj village of Badhalganj area of Gorakhpur.

He said that on February 12, 2020, Dilshad had kidnapped the minor daughter of

BSF jawan Bhagwat Nishad

and after that on February 17, Bhagwat had filed a case of rape. 

He said that on March 12, 2021, the police arrested Dilshad in Hyderabad and rescued the minor girl. The police had sent Dilshad to jail, who was released on bail two months ago.

According to the police, an inquiry will be conducted as to how the retired constable entered the court premises with weapons and action will be taken against whoever is guilty. The SSP also said that the accused has been caught with a weapon.


, International, ,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post