No final decision has been made regarding ECT of Colombo Port

No final decision has been made regarding the East Container Terminal (ECT) of the Colombo Port, the Mass Media Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said.

He stated this answering a question posed by a journalist during the Cabinet decision media briefing press conference held today (26) at the Government Information Department.

"There are debates and discussions going on in this regard. The Cabinet has not taken a decision in this regard." he said.

The President earlier said that the terminal will be developed with 51 percent ownership by Sri Lanka’s government and the remaining 49 percent as an investment by India’s Adani Group and other stakeholders including Japan. But this proposal has not yet been submitted to the parliament.

He pointed out that any of this is not the final decision. A final decision on this matter will come to light after further discussions on this regard and based on these discussions a flexible policy will be followed by the government while considering the geopolitical concerns of the country.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Sri Lanka's most important news collector. We publish news from the trusted websites in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment