Police pooch ‘Cooper’ electrocuted

The official Police dog attached to the Irattaperiyakulam station was struck by lightning yesterday.

The police dog had been taken out for a walk for his morning exercise at the Police Grounds when he was electrocuted. At the time, the dog’s handler had tried his best to rescue the dog and in the process he too had got electrocuted.

The service dog named ‘Cooper’ was two years old at the time of his death. His handler, Police Constable 30018 Udayakumara has been admitted to hospital with injuries.

Postmortem inquiries into the death are to be conducted at the Vavuniya South Veterinarian Office and the Irattaperiyakulam Police are conducting further investigations into the incident.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Sri Lanka's most important news collector. We publish news from the trusted websites in the world.


Post a Comment