Tragic death from gas leak

The Deputy Principal of the Kaduwela Bomiriya Central College died on Tuesday (30) due to a gas leak at his house in Kottunna, Biyagama.

The deceased had been identified as Chaminda Sampath (47).

The gas cylinder had been leaking since the previous night and Sampath around four in morning had switched on the light and the kitchen had caught fire immediately. He had run to the bathroom as soon as the kitchen caught fire.

He died soon after being admitted to the hospital by his wife and neighbours.

His mother Soma Kuruvita Arachchi (72) said that his son had gone to the kitchen early in the morning to make a glass of milk for her.

Sapugaskanda Police OIC Ruwan Kumarasekara is carrying out further investigations.

 

Share on Google Plus

About Lankaimage lanka

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.