CEB strike called off

The Ceylon Electricity Board Workers’ Unions called off the strike action they launched on Wednesday to prevent the workers from being inconvenienced further.

Secretary of the National Workers’ Union Ajith Devapriya said they called off the strike pending a decision by the authorities regarding their demands.

He said they did not want the workers to be further inconvenienced as the workers who participated in the protest on Wednesday had been brutally attacked by the Police Special Task Force (STF) and the Riot Police without any provocation, while they were engaged in a peaceful protest demanding for their rights.

He said if a favourable response was not received, they would bring all the CEB workers to Colombo in a massive protest by February 7 or 8.

 

Share on Google Plus

About Lankaimage lanka

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.