Gelegnite causes minor explosion in Kokilai school

Eight students, including six girls, were admitted to Mancholai Hospital, Mullaitivu, following a minor explosion at Sinhala Maha Vidyalaya in Kokilai.

Police found that the ignition of a gelegnite gel stick used in fishing had caused the explosion.

The Police media division said, the explosion occurred near the perimeter fence of the school around 9 am, when they set fire to garbage collected during an anti dengue cleaning programme, yesterday.

Students who received a minor shock were admitted to the Mancholai Hospital.

Powered by Blogger.